Law Office of James K, Brownell | Cambridge, MA

Motor vehicle claims
  • Car accidents
  • Truck accidents
  • Motorcycle accidents
Helpful tips
  • Your insurance will usually pay for your medical care under Personal Injury Protection(PIP)
  • PIP will pay the first $2,000 and then your insurance will do the rest.
  • Try not to go outside your covered health care plan because the PIP carrier might not pay more than $2,000. This is called the Dominguez Rule.
  • Don't forget to get a referral from you primary doctor.
  • PIP will usually pay for 75% of your average weekly wage for lost time out of work.
  • If at any time during the accident it is proven that you were under the influence of drugs or alcohol you cannot get PIP because you broke the law.
  • You must have $2,000 in medical coast, or a broken bone to get paid for what is called “pain and suffering” When filling a claim keep in mind that you MUST prove that you are not at fault. If you feel that you hole some responsibility, you MUST prove that the other member of the accident is more at fault.
Law Office Of James K. Brownell
Meet At Your Home Or My Office
875 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02139
(617) 669-2345 • 24 Hour
(617) 864-8055 • Office
All Regions • All Locations